Skip to main content
318 Country Club Dr., Ellwood City, PA 16117
Riverside Middle School » Enroll a Student

Enroll a Student

Welcome to Riverside!
We're so glad you chose our District!

Basic Instructions to Enroll Your New Student
1. Obtain an enrollment packet from the Middle School web page or district web page.
2. Gather the pertinent information listed on the form in your enrollment packet, such as birth certificate, acceptable **proof of residency, current driver's license, immunizations, and child custody papers, if applicable.
3. Bring completed enrollment packet and the documents listed above to the CENTRAL ENROLLMENT OFFICE located near the soccer fields between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. during the week, excluding holidays.
4. Copies will be made of your pertinent information-no need to make your own copies.
If you have questions, don't hesitate to call Ms. Debbie Circle at (724) 758-7512, ext. 3023.


Do I need to withdraw from the school district I am leaving?
Yes, you should always alert the district your child is currently attending with as much advanced notice as possible to settle cafeteria balances, return textbooks, and to make sure they are attending while the enrollment process completes at Riverside. This helps promote a smoother transition in many aspects of your child's education.

Does my child's attendance carry over to Riverside?
Yes. The number of days missed or tardy at their previous district will be recorded in their record when they begin at Riverside. Since attendance directly affects educational performance, we want to be sure we are fully supporting your child from the start! If attendance issues existed in the previous district, there may be underlying issues interfering with your child's education, such as bullying, . We are anxious to work with you and your child to promote consistent attendance to be the best that they can be!

I'm new to the area- How do I know if my home is in Riverside School District?
No worries!! If you're new to the area, our staff is always happy to answer questions as well as accept new enrollments! We have the knowledge to guide you through the process and can help determine if you are a resident. We will work diligently to create a seamless transition to Riverside or to point you in the direction of where your district of residence is. We maintain close relationships with neighboring districts and can help send you to the appropriate offices. Just give us a call!

What is acceptable Proof of Residency?
Acceptable proof that you reside in Riverside School District includes both PRIMARY and SECONDARY proof of residency. Primary proof of residency includes one of the following: copy of mortgage, lease/rental agreement, copy of sales agreement. Secondary proof of residency includes but is not limited to a utility bill, property tax bill, federal program accepted enrollment statement. The previously mentioned items must be current. A RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT may be accepted in lieu of the primary and secondary proofs. This legal document is in your enrollment packet,must be signed by the district resident you are living with, and must be notarized. Affidavits are subject to district approval. Fraudulently completing a residency affidavit is a crime and punishable by fine(s) and/or jail time.

**Proof of Residency-What is Enrollment Fraud?
Enrollment Fraud is knowingly sending your child/children to a different school district other than the one in which they live. Also referred to as Boundary Hopping, it costs resident tax-payers millions of dollars every year. Penalties for committing enrollment fraud may include fines and/or incarceration to the parents/guardians.

Unless a child physically lives within the school district boundaries 50% or more of the time, they are not considered to be a resident. Many questions arise within custody issues and childcare. However, it is very simple to determine where your child should attend if you know who to call. Please see the links below for helpful information. As always-we in the guidance are happy to help-just ask!!

Could you be considered HOMELESS?
According to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, the term HOMELESS CHILDREN AND YOUTHS is defined as follows:

(A) means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence (within the meaning of section 103(a)(1)); and

(B) includes —

(i) children and youths who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations; are living in emergency or transitional shelters; are abandoned in hospitals; or are awaiting foster care placement;

(ii) children and youths who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings (within the meaning of section 103(a)(2)(C));

(iii) children and youths who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings; and

(iv) migratory children (as such term is defined in section 1309 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965) who qualify as homeless for the purposes of this subtitle because the children are living in circumstances described in clauses (i) through (iii).