Dear Riverside Families,
I hope everyone has been enjoying time with family and friends and beginning to feel the excitement surrounding the start of a new school year.
RBCSDs first day of school is Tuesday, August 31st. The Riverside Beaver County School District Board of Directors approved the Health and Safety plan to open school full-time for the upcoming school year. Below are excerpts from the Health and Safety Plan:
- Unnecessary classroom furniture and items were removed to allow for extra spacing.
- Student seats (classroom/cafeteria) will remain separated no less than three feet and facing the same direction to the extent possible, and outdoor spaces will be utilized whenever possible.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will continue, hygiene practices will be reinforced, and handwashing and sanitizing stations are available in all common areas.
- Masks will not be required. Unlike last school year, there is no Federal or State mandate requiring masks in schools; currently, wearing a mask is optional.
- Masks will be required on all district transportation, including when traveling to and from sports and activities, following the federal public transportation mask mandate.
We understand that in-person instruction may not be the best option for all students. Any parent interested in enrolling their child in the district's PAW Program is encouraged to fill out a registration form by Friday, August 13, 2021, or contact their building administrator.
As with all guidelines, adjustments will be made as necessary with changing guidelines, mandates, and requirements.
Thank you for your continued support and flexibility. Please stay safe and healthy, and we look forward to seeing all of you soon.